Being a leader is not an easy task, it requires skill, talent and insight. Therefore they should get all the credit right? Wrong! A leader wouldn’t be much of a leader without its followers. The underrated position of the followers needs to be acknowledged as well.
In the following video a dancing guy will becomes the leader of a spontaneous dancing party. He does it so fearlessly, charismatically and with easy dancing steps. Than the followers come into play, one by one.
Summing up the lessons:
- It must be clear (and easy) what to do to become a follower.
- The first (and second) follower must be encouraged and become an example of how easy it is to follow
- The first follower must be seen as equal as it will encourage him/her to invite other followers
- The movement (the leader and its followers) must be public
- Be fearless of ridicule and do not be afraid to follow.